Part of the GB Pet Sitters Franchise
Terms and Conditions - General
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Crystal Palace Pet Sitters terms and conditions on signature of the contract.
2. Crystal Palace Pet Sitters will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client and the contract, with full details of client requirements, has been signed by the client (offline or online).
3. Full payment for services is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice via cash, cheque or bank transfer (BACS). If payment is not made within this time, Crystal Palace Pet Sitters are entitled to charge interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts [Interest] Act 1998.
4. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, tags, collars, litter etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Crystal Palace Pet Sitters, these will be purchased and added to the invoice.
5. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment, charges can be applied for extra journeys.
6. The client must provide Crystal Palace Pet Sitters with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Crystal Palace Pet Sitters reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
7. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills whilst pets are in the care of Crystal Palace Pet Sitters, unless professional negligence has occurred, such as a dog being let off lead when instructed otherwise by client.
8. Crystal Palace Pet Sitters must be alerted to any behavioural problems with pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of services.
9. Crystal Palace Pet Sitters holds Public Liability insurance and insurance that covers the Care, Custody and Control of pets. In the event of serious injury to an animal in the care of Crystal Palace Pet Sitters, a claim may be made using this policy, subject to excess being paid by client. This wouldn’t include a cat injured outdoors when a sitter is not present.
10. Crystal Palace Pet Sitters will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Crystal Palace Pet Sitters cannot be held liable for the death of a pet caused by old age or a pre-existing medical condition.
Terms and Conditions – Cat Sitting & Small Animal Care
1. Any cancellations must be made more than 48 hrs in advance or the full rate will be charged.
2. Crystal Palace Pet Sitters will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however Crystal Palace Pet Sitters cannot be held responsible for any burglaries or accidents caused by your pet(s).
3. The client must provide all items necessary for your pet to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence (i.e. bedding, food, medication, litter etc).
4. Crystal Palace Pet Sitters cannot be held responsible for cats injured outdoors. Cats given access to outdoors are at risk of being injured in road accidents or via interactions with cats or other animals.
5. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills whilst pets are in the care of Crystal Palace Pet Sitters, unless professional negligence has occurred, such as a cat being let outside when instructed otherwise by client or a small animal escaping a living environment due to an unlocked cage and being killed.
Crystal Palace Pet Sitters Terms and Conditions